Sunday, August 14, 2011

Catie-ism's

Well I can't write much.  My ribs are still keeping me in check.  Was thinking how much I love Catie's expressions.  Over the years she has come out with some unconscious witticism that have now become part of family vocabulary.

Top favourites.

On describing the food at prom;  It tasted like, "2am seemed like a good idea at the time", food.

 Frustrated with her brother for not making a decision:  "Pick up your mind!"

Responding to her Dad's complaint on her tardiness, "You Smith women.  You're always late.  You will probably be late for your own funeral."

Catie:  You wanted us early?
Another time, "I thought that was the point of living healthy Dad?"

"So Dad, how dark is that cave you've lived in all your life?"

In response to her brother teasing her about being chubby which is a total stretch.  "Um Breyan, Look at Dad and Look at Mum.  Now see how much you look like Dad?  See how much I look like Mum.  If I was you, I'd start a strict regime of exercise now."

"Mum, back away from the girl guide cookies.  I know you're upset but we can talk about this.  Making your heart explode from the slabs o' fat will not help anyone."

When she didn't want to throw out her outgrown clothes at seven, "Well if I keep them til I'm a little old lady like you, I'll shrink back to that size and they'll probably be in style again."

(On my tendency to give fashion advice.)  "Don't stand still around my mom.  She'll redecorate you."   










No comments: