Thursday, April 14, 2011

ANTM let me down

Okay so fashion is important to me but I can't call myself a fashionista.  One of the few reality shows I will watch is America's Next Top Model.  I am so upset that they chose Alexandria to represent Breast Cancer.  The fact that she is manipulative, a control freak and downright nasty just further made it unacceptable that she is associated with one of my favourite causes.

I a firm supporter of Fashion Cares and feel they do so much good work.   This girl though doesn't have the empathy or compassion that a representative of any Breast Cancer Aware Group should have.  Choosing her underlined the wrong message, that it's all about the looks.  Fashion is supposed to make us feel good about ourselves.

I actually was so upset by this decision that I can tell you that I will not recommend a Ford Focus to anyone.  With an issue as important to this, the criteria should have been based on personality, knowledge and pictures but these issues were left by the side of the road.  I wouldn't give a toss if it was for representing handbags, dresses or jewelry but Breast Cancer Awareness is too important to be represented by this girl.

Do the judges not view the footage of the photo shoot?  While I think she was a bit over emotional I have to say that I was really pleased to see Brittani speak up even if it did give her a panic attack. 

My only comfort is the bitch usually never wins on this show.  They keep her around to make good tv, conflict is always good for ratings.

No comments: