Monday, December 06, 2010

Grown up pyjamas

October 04
 
I have got to get myself some grown up pyjamas!  As it is I have these wonderful flannel p.j.'s that have moons and stars.  They are very comfy and they make me look like a six year old.  I haven't really cared because, Hey? Who's gonna see them?  The dog?  The kids?  The hubby?  As far as he's concerned, I look like a sex kitten in a sackcloth so really, why worry?
 
This morning gave me the answer.
 
Last night we had a horrible storm.  It was one of those wonderful fall storms with sideways rain and trees tapping on the window.  You know the kind?
 
This morning I noticed that the Lady tree out back had lost a branch that was entangled right above where I put Mischeif out.  I was worried that the branch might fall on her so I threw on Hubby's slippers and went out to wrestle it down.
 

Sure I was in my pj's but I was only going to be a second.  I figured I'd dash in and out.  The neighbourhood children weren't due for the bus and who was going to see me?
 
Everyone!
 
Because I failed to notice that the back door latch was broken! 
 
 
Of course the front door was locked!  Of course every kid and their mom in the neighbourhood picked that moment to catch their bus!!!!!!!  And Of Course I have to have "Helpful Neighbours"* so the men of the neighbourhood meandered on over to see if they could help!!!!!!!! 
 
They did.
 
As I blushingly mumbled my thanks, I heard a snicker and a "nice 'jamas."
 
Man I need to go shopping.  On the other hand----the neighbourhood coffee clatch can't say that I was out to seduce their hubby's in my flannel. 
Right?  I mean, if I was in a negligee or a baby dolls, they might ban me from their morning gossip-a-thon. 
 
Mind you, since I have the hubby in the neighbourhood that thinks long underwear and Muskol are sexy, who knows?
 
This is how I fix my car.  I grab a case of beer and open my hood.  Then I wait for the neighbourhood men to wander on over and sniff, "What's the matter with yer car?"  Then they fix it.

No comments: