Monday, December 06, 2010

One day I'm going to learn to be bored.

May 11

I'm really burnt out.  For example, yesterday I worked from 8 am to 7 pm on Caitlin's friend, Mike's costume, he came for the fitting and then we had dinner and ran out to find Caitlin a bathing suit, grocery shop and pick up medicine.  Then we came home and found out that Breyan has been kicked out of school for attendance. Then to top it all off, I had a freak because the kids fell back into the habit of shedding stuff all over the house and now the Mountain Man is doing it as well. 
The other stuff isn't huge stuff, just annoying.
My neighbour Marian is coming up to the first anniversary of her daughter's death and that's taking a toll.  MM's dad needs him every weekend until we go to Toronto for his garden, the stove broke,  we got the paint for the interior of the house but no idea when we have time to paint, Caitlin smashed her knee up falling out of her loft bed and is grouchy and to top it all off---Apparently we are hosting the 2006 Convention for the Spiders of the World.  There was a two-and-1/2 inch spider on the toilet! He was so big, I was sure that anyone moment he was going to offer to shake hands and introduce himself as "Bubba!"   I measured it!  And he brought a friend. Bad enough in bed but the toilet is the last place I want to feel something coming out of!
The Mountain Man is going nuts at work.  The security assessment team has been following them to assess their "security issues."
The funny thing was that the boys stop for break and hubby gets out for a smoke beside the truck.   He is allowed to but the boys were stopping at the Hilton Hotel because it has a big parking lot, clear sight lines and little places for ambush.  The security guys put in the report that my hubby is going to the Hilton Hotel for twenty minutes twice a day, they want to know who he's meeting?  They actually put, "Possible extra-marital" affair in the report! I could have told them it wasn't true because hubby doesn't have the energy to do it twice a day and still come home and chase me! 
Besides the implied insult, you have to wonder what kind of "Security Assessment Team" doesn't LOOK BEHIND THE TRUCK TO SEE HIM STANDING RIGHT THERE!" 
Then they told the crew that they can't park in the streets for lunch .  They suggested the boys have to drive back to Montreal, through traffic to take their lunch at the Montreal branch.  Considering that the boys rarely have time for lunch, don't even take the 30 minutes they are allowed because of the schedule, (they usually only get 10 to 20 minutes,) it's absurd that  they want to add 40 minutes driving time to the lunch allotment? 
What gets to me is why the security concienseness all of a sudden?  The only two answers I can think of are;
1.  They think one of the members of the crew are a risk, or
2.  They expect a hit!  The boys haven't lost any money and I doubt that even Steve would be planning to take out the other two, that leaves us with a possible hit and they haven't warned MM or the crew.  Which is normal, they never warn anyone--- which to me is the biggest security issue.  I would rather the boys get paranoid 364 days out of the year than not be on the One day that they need to be.  The last time MM's crew got hit, the police knew up to three weeks in advance, told Brinks and nobody told the crew!
It ticks me off so much! 
However, we have had funny moments this week. First, you know how I always say that Ottawa is like a small town with neighbours calling about what the kids get up to when they are out of sight?
I got a call the other night to tell me that my kids were "sword fighting in the street" and she was worried that someone would call the cops!"  The neighbour is this annoying b^)&*(^(*) whom, in my mind, is just insane.  Breyan was going babysitting and was bringing the foam rubber swords that are made for two year olds with him.  He ran into Caitlin while waiting for the bus so they thought they'd pass the time.  So Caitlin and Breyan were having a Nerf sword fight down the street but an occasion for the cops?  !
The other day Mischief was out for a pee and the neighbour let her four year old daughter out to play. 
Well I was worried that Mischief might get to active with them so I called her in but she was busy investigating an interesting pile of poop and didn't come right away, "Missy, you get over here right now!" I yelled. 
 The little girl started crying and walking toward me.  "What did I do?" she cried!  I felt like a monster and plied her with cookies and stickers to apologize. 
 I thought her mum would be mad but she came over and said, "Can you teach me how to do that?  She never comes when I call!"
The other night was so warm that I couldn't sleep. I stripped down to the my skivvies and slept on the couch to stop bugging MM with my twisting and turning.  I've taken down the curtain in the living room to wash it and wasn't too worried about anyone seeing in because it looks out on the balcony, who's going to see me?---  The birds and Mr. Squirrel I thought.  Well didn't City Living pick THAT  morning to bring contractors to look at the roof?  And didn't they set their ladder right outside the balcony window?  I woke up to see two men with a ladder doing their best to put up a ladder without looking up! 
I have to soon admit that I need glasses.  I can't even read the guide on the tv.  I can just see the signs on the side of the road and even reading library books is getting to be a bit of a chore.  I have glasses but they just aren't working.  I hate putting the 80 bucks out for the exam though.  I have to see if the insurance covers it.  I figure it's cheaper to just rearrange the furniture and move the tv closer to the couch! Ya'll know me-- Any reason to redecorate!
So it's been a weird week but it's getting under control.  Breyan is out at job interviews and studying for the GED since I don't think he'll ever stay in a classroom and has been offered a job at the Salvation Army Thrift Store.  I wonder if he gets a discount?  Hmmmmm
I should get back to work,

No comments: