Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Caitlin, Spiders and Me

*originally written 12/06/2010

Just a short note to see how you all are.  Catie and I are very proud of ourselves.  We kinda killed a spider.  (And before all you bleeding heart spider freaks start emailing me back complaints....you didn't see this spider.  It was more than capable of fighting back.)  It looked like a spider on steroids.  In fact it looked like the kind of spider who sticks a knife in your back in dark alleys and calls you, "friend."  Like in, "Hey friend, gimme all your flies and I might even let you live."

I woke up and it was on the ceiling, RIGHT OVER MY BED!!
 
Okay so I did do the girly thing and scream but once I realized the Mountain Man wasn't home I called for help from Caitlin.

She said she'd be happy to help. Actually what she said was she would be happy to help, "If it's not too big." 

She first tried shooting an elastic at it. She can hit a quarter from fifty paces with a 12 gauge but give the girl an elastic and she almost hit me.  And I was behind her!

Then we got a newspaper and she limp wristed swatted at it.  She knocked it from the ceiling and we think it went under the bed but we both were too afraid to follow it.

(Hey Under the Bed holds a vital instinctual terror for alot of people.  Mostly people under six but hey...Never said I was a grown up.)

I told Mountain Man all about it when he got home, so he could look under the bed.  He laughed and said, "Well looks like you girls were really brave today.  My great spider hunters!*  Very sarcastically.

"Oh Dad," replied Catie, "You can't say we're brave.  We have to hunt the spiders in PAIRS."

I still think we're brave.

No comments: