Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Today's thoughts

Oh my god, when did I turn into my mother?  I hate those moments when I say something and end up looking over my shoulder for my mother because I've just said it in the exact same tone and used the exact same words she used to me.  Crap, now I have to consider the idea that I'm a grownup,  When did I go into the dark side?

Eg;  Breyan complaining that scrubbing dishes by hand was too hard and we needed a dishwasher.
      Me:  Elbow Grease is non-allergenic.

"Goodness I have got to get Hubby a new fishing buddy.  Ever since Joe moved away he's been fretting and driving me crazy making me go to fishing stores, watch fishing stores etc....
So I finally made a deal with him.  I will go fishing once or twice this summer if he promises to go to the next opera or play I have tickets to.

He's silent now.  Of course I don't want him to come to the opera.  He snores."

"Why do they call it losing weight when it's never lost.  It seems to be sneaking up and waiting to jump back on if I blink?"

"Why do people seem to think that being "girly" lowers my IQ?"

Laughing at Hubby.  A Quebec woman jumped out of her car and started yelling at hubby because the driver of his work vehicle was not driving to her satisfaction.  All in French.  Hubby listened for a few minutes and said, "I'm sorry I don't speak French,"  She told him to FU in English.
Later his partner asked why he didn't just walk away.
Hubby's answer?  "One thing my wife taught me.  Never turn your back on an irate woman!"

No comments: