Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kids at home on their own

* letter from 2008 after spending the weekend at my brother's country house.  Caitlin was 18 and it was the first time we left her in charge of the house while we went away.

Thank you for having us over the weekend. The house isn't totally destroyed. Caitlin had a spaghetti party for seven friends. (But only one slept over, Mom!!!)

I have spaghetti stains on the wall, neighbours report that one kid was hanging off the balcony but seeing as there was no alcohol missing, no cops called and no ambulance I guess we won't kill her.

 However she popped her kneecap off. She was complaining her knee hurt and it was just slightly dislocated. She is fine and running around now.

We bought the movie for B. We will ship this weekend.
We got M a t-shirt but we haven't shopped for the other boys yet.

At work I'm arranging the bake sale. It's alot of work, especially when there is no communication. I can't get answers unless I track people down and jump on them. It's an hour until we start selling and I still don't know who's got the change kitty. Nice eh?

Making meringues with teenagers is definitely a challenge. I thought asking Caitlin and her friends to help would make my load lighter?!!
18 year olds with mixmasters, egg whites......nope not a good idea!
I've got meringue all over the walls in the dining room, possibly in the living room.

Then someone got the bright idea that you can clean the blades by running the handmixer plugged in and dipping the blades in the dish water.

These are not rocket scientists!

However my walls are a little cleaner.

Well we made 16 dozen meringue and we had them on the counter cooling when we found that I had run out of evaporated milk for fudge.

Caitlin and her friends were going to Opening Night of a play they were involved in so we dropped them off at the bus station, went to the grocery store, drove home......
And discovered that Evil Kitty had pushed all the meringue onto the floor for the dog and the kitchen floor was covered in half gobbered meringue!!!!!

I made fudge.

On the way out the door this morning I realized I had removed my nails so none would get in the baking and I needed to get them back on. So I grabbed the crazy glue and put them on while I had a coffee. Then I spilled coffee on my chin........I licked it up with my tongue.....wasn't coffee.

I GLUED MY TONGUE TO MY LIP!!!!!!!

Will write later, talking maybe not so much.

Big Hugs,
Kimberley

No comments: